The NAEHCY Board is accepting nominations of individuals with a demonstrated interest and commitment to working on behalf of the nation’s 1.5 million children and youth experiencing homelessness and improving their educational outcomes to serve in as the Secretary and Vice President on the Board of Directors.
On Sunday, November 14, 2021, during the 2021 Annual Membership Meeting, members will vote to elect the new Secretary and Vice-President from the received slate of eligible nominations and applications.
Any person who is a member of NAEHCY at the time of the election on November 14, 2021, is eligible to self-nominate. Anyone who is interested but is not sure of their NAEHCY membership status may obtain confirmation of membership and information about how to join NAEHCY by emailing Amy Zaremba.
Please review the information and consider applying. Please send any questions to Amy Zaremba.
In applying, please review and consider the general duties of the Directors as set forth in the NAEHCY Bylaws, as well as the specific duties of each position listed below.
After full review of the duties, to apply, please submit this form, no later than 5pm (Eastern) on Friday, October 29, 2021.
Responsibilities of each position include:
- Assist the President in all areas of executive function and leadership
- Actively and consistently contribute professional expertise, talents and skill sets, experience, and geographic reach to help NAEHCY respond to the needs of its members and constituents;
- Attendance at all Board of Directors meetings during the annual conference;
- Interacting with NAEHCY members and volunteering to proctor a session(s), monitor the NAEHCY membership table, or otherwise assist in the success of the annual conference;
- Active participation in regular monthly teleconferences that constitute meetings of the Board of Directors;
- Active participation on NAEHCY Standing or Ad Hoc Committees;
- Provide leadership and guidance in shaping NAEHCY’s strategic plan and goals; and
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Be secretary of and attend all meetings of the Board of Directors
- Record the proceedings of such meetings and whenever necessary certify such proceedings
- Provide proper notice of meetings to directors
- Other duties as assigned by the President
These duties will begin at the conclusion of the 2021 conference and continue through the 2023 conference.
NAEHCY is a board of volunteer members. Members are responsible for the costs associated with participation in NAEHCY business and meetings. Hardship scholarships may be offered on a case-by-case basis to assist with attendance at the meetings.
NAEHCY is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from people of color, religious, ethnic and sexual minorities, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.